MnDOT’s Office of Research & Innovation and Office of Maintenance hosted, “Winter Research Lightning Talks” on Wednesday, February 25.
Minnesota winters create unique challenges for our roadways. Our researchers are testing new technologies and finding solutions to preserve infrastructure, improve safety, and increase efficiency.
The event included five, five-minute presentations from researchers about the following projects:
- Implementation of Lane Boundary Guidance System for Snowplow Operations
- Reducing Winter Maintenance Equipment Fuel Consumption Using Advanced Vehicle Data Analytics
- Have Minnesota’s Warmer Winters Increased the Number of Freeze Thaw Cycles?
- Can Automated Vehicles “See” in Minnesota? Ambient Particle Effects on LiDAR Systems
- Promoting the Adoption of Snow Fences through Landowner Engagement