Researchers will address transportation challenges, such as:
- Influence of Autonomous and Partially Autonomous Vehicles on Minnesota Roads
- Improving Transportation Equity for all by Centering the Needs of Marginalized and Underserved Communities
- Multi-Method Investigation of Pedestrian Safety Impacts of Right Turn Lanes
- Advancing Equity in Accessibility and Travel Experiences: The Role of Gender and Identity
- Pavement Marking/Colored Pavement Friction Differential and Product Durability
Each spring, the MnDOT Research Steering Committee and the Minnesota Local Road Research Board solicit research ideas from transportation practitioners and later request proposals from universities. In December, the research governing boards meet to hear these proposals and select projects for funding. To receive updates on any of the funded projects, select “subscribe” on the project webpage. To volunteer for a project advisory team, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have an idea for MnDOT’s next funding cycle?
Ideas are due March 15 for 2021 projects. Visit IdeaScale to submit your idea.