The five CTS councils are holding this special webinar to discuss how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting traffic and transit networks in Minnesota. The webinar will feature representatives from Minnesota transportation agencies sharing what they’re seeing in the Twin Cities metro and statewide, presentations from University of Minnesota researchers, and time for an audience Q&A.
Council members, friends, and others interested in the topic are encouraged to attend.
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
10:00 a.m. – noon
- Jonathan Ehrlich, Transportation Services and Planning, Metropolitan Council
- Eric Lind, Strategic Initiatives Department, Metro Transit
- Ben Timerson, Office of Transportation System Management, Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Mike Hanson, Office of Traffic Safety, Minnesota Department of Public Safety
U of M presentations:
- Effect of COVID-19 Policy Intervention on Minnesota Mobility—Shashi Shekhar, McKnight Distinguished University Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Transit Riders Contact Network and its Impact on Epidemic Outbreak—Alireza Khani, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering, University of Minnesota
This webinar is free to attend, but registration is required. Once you have registered, you will receive an email confirmation with a Zoom link. The link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.