MnDOT and the Minnesota Local Road Research Board have funded 23 new research projects and are seeking Technical Advisory Panel members to help guide the research.
Researchers will tackle cutting-edge transportation questions, such as:
- What methods can improve driver comprehension of flashing yellow arrows?
- Are Minnesota’s pavement markings ready for automated vehicles?
- How do we best manage roadsides to serve as pollinator habitats?
- Have Minnesota’s warmer winters increased the number of freeze-thaw cycles?
- Can transverse rumble strips be better utilized to improve safety at rural intersections?
Interested in serving on a technical advisory panel? Panel members play an essential role in the success of a research project by guiding the work and reviewing deliverables. Reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Learn more about the newly funded research studies – and sign up for project alerts -on MnDOT’s Office of Research & Innovation’s website. See the LRRB website for eight new local agency research implementation projects.
Have an idea for MnDOT’s next funding cycle? Ideas are due March 16 for 2021 projects. Visit IdeaScale to submit your idea.